20 Jun Only the top 5% of technical staff offshore won’t leave you with a bad taste.
We are the only ones with the recipe to find the fresh 5%, and bake them into the best technical teams for you.
Making traditional IT staff outsourcing services work for your business sometimes goes back to poor planning from the provider, let us take a look.
It’s worth mentioning that each of our partners spent 1-2 decades in their other tech businesses, with hiring wins and losses, and slowly grinding through the pain of figuring out how to perfect it.
Carefully-aged pain and frustration,
combined lovingly with world-leading recruitment systems
are the secret ingredients that make our hiring so deliciously good!
We can tell you exactly why so many other facilities simply cannot succeed with building superior tech teams the way we do:
1. They let you design roles badly – we help you get it right first time.
If you create roles in Philippines the same as at home, they will often fail.
Combinations of skills are different offshore. Our advisors explain these issues so you can fix poorly designed roles before recruitment even begins.
- Tech Elite consults to clients on the structure of the roles. As high as 75% of our new clients decide to adjust their job specs after working with our consultants.It’s very clear to us from browsing jobs advertised by many other facilities that they do not properly consult with clients to adjust roles before recruitment begins.If not fixed, this results in painfully slow recruitment, incorrect matching of candidates to roles, paying too much in the hope of finding a “unicorn”, and staff that are very hard to replace.If your strategy relies on finding “unicorn” staff that have a unique combination of skills, then your strategy is flawed and your facility doesn’t have the courage or the knowledge to tell you how it’s flawed. We can show you how to design roles that leverage your local staff to maximum effect, while building a scalable and reliable offshore team.
- Often just a few tweaks to the role will half the recruitment time, reduce the salary range, and produce a more effective result. Tech Elite and its sister consulting firm Easy Offshore were pioneers in the way that we help clients to design roles that work, and teams that excel.
- For us to do this, we deliver 2 x 2 hour consulting sessions. This gives you a base-level understanding of the top ten reasons why offshoring strategies fail, and how together we will address each of them.It also lets us understand your business, the bottlenecks, and the key senior staff. What always comes out of those sessions is that the client better understands what is simple to offshore (phase 1), a bit harder (Phase 2), and impractical or impossible (pursue as a bonus not a core strategy). Unless your business is an entirely offshore model, you need to make sure your strategy also maximises expensive local resources.
- The end result will be a bit different for every business, even those that seem basically the same and sell the same services. This is because your management team/style is different, your key staff have different capabilities, and your bottlenecks are different.
2. They have flawed “western-style” recruitment, we know the Philippines differences.
The vast majority of time that you can’t find highly skilled staff, it’s because the recruitment process is flawed. Often the client doesn’t realise the facility’s flaws and becomes convinced that offshore staff are not skilled enough.
In the Philippines you can’t consistently hire good people based on interviews, resumes and references like in Australia or similar countries.
Why? Three Reasons:
i) The resumes are… optimistic to say the least. (wall-to-wall nonsense is another way to say it). There is simple no cultural expectation that resumes should be factually correct, aside from basic dates and qualifications. So everyone looks like a genius on paper.
ii) Referees will rarely say anything bad and neither will previous employers. This again is part of the culture – people won’t deliberately cause loss of face to someone else.
iii) Interviews – this tends to work the opposite way. Filipino candidates are often painfully shy and nervous, and so bad at interviews, that they can’t communicate effectively in the interview. It takes a practised eye to spot someone who will dramatically overcome this a couple of days into their new job.
So the end result is that if you use ‘normal’ recruitment methods, you shortlist terrible candidates with no skills, and rule out people who might be great but interview badly.
- At Tech Elite we eliminate the biggest issues via an obsession with skills testing. So you say you’re competent at this list of 300 things? Ok, sit this exam and prove it. You say you have great attention to detail? Ok, find all the errors in this document. You’ve been doing software testing for five years? Ok, this exam will show us. You say your written and spoken English is 5/5? Great, let’s do some testing and we will objectively measure it.
- Even if the roles you want to hire don’t seem like they can be tested objectively, we will find a way. For example, we have excellent tests for graphic designers, even though creativity is quite subjective. We OBJECTIVELY filter out the slow and weak, leaving a number of skilled candidates to be reviewed for creative ability relevant to the role.
- One of our key differentiators is that we spend most of our recruitment time analysing candidates to uncover why they WONT succeed. Finding the top 5% is our mission.
- This is also far more efficient with your time. We aren’t presenting you with a horde of applicants who passed some largely pointless “screening”, and then throwing our hands in the air and declaring it’s up to you to use your magic skills to get through the cultural barriers to finding the needle in the haystack. We don’t hide behind some replacement guarantee – it’s OUR problem to find you the right person the first time, not yours.
- Does it work? As of September 2017 Our staff retention rate is 96% annually, so that places us at the very top the BPO industry. Our clients grow faster because we consistently find them great staff.
3. Other facilities don’t filter out the masses who will never excel in complex and technical roles.
Technical roles like IT and white-collar construction roles are highly paid in the Philippines. Consequently it attracts enormous numbers of university students, which produce a large number of graduates – they are attracted by the income.But the thing about technical roles is that you have to be very logical and you have to be passionate about understanding how things work.
There are a LOT of graduates in the Philippines who are neither of those things, and in your country they would have studied something entirely different that better suits their personality and mind. Our recruitment finds the people who are skilled because they have the right minds for these kinds of jobs.
Our mantra is to find the best people for our clients, and we do this systematically.Our obsession with finding great people, is one of our secrets as to why our clients grow faster than other facilities: great staff just make everything else about multi-shoring easier.
They don’t just have higher skills, they are better communicators, they are more easily able to adapt, they retain training, they are more likely to escalate problems quickly. On average, they are better able to navigate the complexities with having a boss offshore and a split team.